HELP: keyboard problem

Post by Hugo Prat » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello!

We have several PCs running RedHat 6.0.
We use Gnome and PORTUGUESE keyboards.

brackets, square brackets, ...) does not work at all in
some applications (eg. xlock).  In other applications
(eg. xterm) it works for most of the characters (but not
for a few like and ).

Our main problem is that users that have included characters
requiring the use of the ALT-GR key in their passwords have
found themselves unable to unlock their sessions.

Can anyone help?

The keyboard section of our XF86Config file is as follows:

Section "Keyboard"
   Protocol        "Standard"
   AutoRepeat      500 5
   LeftAlt         Meta
   RightAlt        Meta
   ScrollLock      Compose
   RightCtl        Control
   XkbKeycodes     "xfree86"
   XkbTypes        "default"
   XkbCompat       "default"
   XkbSymbols      "pt2(pc102)"
   XkbGeometry     "pc(pc102)"
   XkbRules        "xfree86"
   XkbModel        "pc102"
   XkbLayout       "pt2"
EndSection
Our .Xmodmap is as follows:

keycode   8 =
keycode   9 = Escape
keycode  10 = 1 exclam onesuperior exclamdown
keycode  11 = 2 quotedbl at oneeighth
keycode  12 = 3 numbersign sterling sterling
keycode  13 = 4 dollar section dollar
keycode  14 = 5 percent onehalf threeeighths
keycode  15 = 6 ampersand threequarters fiveeighths
keycode  16 = 7 slash braceleft seveneighths
keycode  17 = 8 parenleft bracketleft trademark
keycode  18 = 9 parenright bracketright plusminus
keycode  19 = 0 equal braceright degree
keycode  20 = apostrophe question backslash questiondown
keycode  21 = guillemotleft guillemotright dead_cedilla dead_ogonek
keycode  22 = BackSpace
keycode  23 = Tab ISO_Left_Tab
keycode  24 = q Q at Greek_OMEGA
keycode  25 = w W lstroke Lstroke
keycode  26 = e E
keycode  27 = r R paragraph registered
keycode  28 = t T tslash Tslash
keycode  29 = y Y leftarrow yen
keycode  30 = u U downarrow uparrow
keycode  31 = i I rightarrow idotless
keycode  32 = o O oslash Ooblique
keycode  33 = p P thorn THORN
keycode  34 = plus asterisk dead_diaeresis dead_abovering
keycode  35 = dead_acute dead_grave dead_breve dead_macron
keycode  36 = Return
keycode  37 = Control_L
keycode  38 = a A ae AE
keycode  39 = s S ssharp section
keycode  40 = d D eth ETH
keycode  41 = f F dstroke ordfeminine
keycode  42 = g G eng ENG
keycode  43 = h H hstroke Hstroke
keycode  44 = j J
keycode  45 = k K kra ampersand
keycode  46 = l L lstroke Lstroke
keycode  47 = ccedilla Ccedilla dead_acute dead_doubleacute
keycode  48 = masculine ordfeminine dead_circumflex dead_caron
keycode  49 = backslash bar notsign
keycode  50 = Shift_L
keycode  51 = dead_tilde dead_circumflex dead_grave dead_breve
keycode  52 = z Z guillemotleft less
keycode  53 = x X guillemotright greater
keycode  54 = c C cent copyright
keycode  55 = v V leftdoublequotemark grave
keycode  56 = b B rightdoublequotemark apostrophe
keycode  57 = n N
keycode  58 = m M mu masculine
keycode  59 = comma semicolon horizconnector multiply
keycode  60 = period colon periodcentered division
keycode  61 = minus underscore dead_belowdot dead_abovedot
keycode  62 = Shift_R
keycode  63 = KP_Multiply
keycode  64 = Alt_L
keycode  65 = space
keycode  66 = Caps_Lock
keycode  67 = F1
keycode  68 = F2
keycode  69 = F3
keycode  70 = F4
keycode  71 = F5
keycode  72 = F6
keycode  73 = F7
keycode  74 = F8
keycode  75 = F9
keycode  76 = F10
keycode  77 = Num_Lock Pointer_EnableKeys
keycode  78 = Scroll_Lock
keycode  79 = KP_Home KP_7
keycode  80 = KP_Up KP_8
keycode  81 = KP_Prior KP_9
keycode  82 = KP_Subtract
keycode  83 = KP_Left KP_4
keycode  84 = KP_Begin KP_5
keycode  85 = KP_Right KP_6
keycode  86 = KP_Add
keycode  87 = KP_End KP_1
keycode  88 = KP_Down KP_2
keycode  89 = KP_Next KP_3
keycode  90 = KP_Insert KP_0
keycode  91 = KP_Delete KP_Decimal
keycode  92 =
keycode  93 =
keycode  94 = less greater backslash brokenbar
keycode  95 = F11
keycode  96 = F12
keycode  97 = Home
keycode  98 = Up
keycode  99 = Prior
keycode 100 = Left
keycode 101 =
keycode 102 = Right
keycode 103 = End
keycode 104 = Down
keycode 105 = Next
keycode 106 = Insert
keycode 107 = Delete
keycode 108 = KP_Enter
keycode 109 = Control_R
keycode 110 = Pause Break
keycode 111 = Print Execute
keycode 112 = KP_Divide
keycode 113 = Mode_switch
keycode 114 =
keycode 115 = Meta_L
keycode 116 = Multi_key
keycode 117 = Menu
keycode 118 =
keycode 119 =
keycode 120 =
keycode 121 =
keycode 122 =
keycode 123 =
keycode 124 =
keycode 125 =
keycode 126 =
keycode 127 =
keycode 128 =
keycode 129 =
keycode 130 =
keycode 131 =
keycode 132 =
keycode 133 =
keycode 134 =

clear Mod1
clear Mod3
clear Mod4
add Mod1 = Alt_L
add Mod3 = Mode_switch
add Mod4 = Meta_L

1. Newbie help - keyboard problems

I have a 105 key keyboard (with Windoze keys) and think I configured my
FreeBSD 4.2 machine for a 102 key keyboard - it dual boots RedHat Linux 7.0
which is configured for a 105'er.

How do I reconfigure this as I can't use the 105'er I have and have to plug
an old 102'er in every time I want to boot to FreeBSD instead of Linux!

TIA ;o)

--
Simon E. John, BA(Hons), DipM

Web:     www.suit-u-sir.com    | developed and hosted

Santa's a lucky guy, he knows where all the bad girls live!

2. Problems with connecting HP Plotter to Sun Sparc 10

3. Please help: keyboard problem

4. X11 for S3 Savage/MX

5. Need help: keyboard problem

6. bridge with remote access?

7. Keyboard and X Keyboard. --HELP

8. Do any of the linux ppc distos support hardware accelerated 3D?

9. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

10. keyboard problem without a keyboard

11. HELP! keyboard & I/O problem

12. Problem with Keyboard and mouse in X withr a dell computer - PLEASE HELP!

13. Help needed with console keyboard bindings (The old backspace/delete problem)