rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

Post by ON » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 08:09:14

Hi there

I have upgraded to rpm ver 3.

I have done a rpm --rebuilddb.

However, ever since kpackage (KDE) refuses to read in the list of packages
and to install any package.

It says it cannot access /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

Could anyone help ? .

Thanks

O.

rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

Post by ON » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 08:10:28

Quote:> Hi there

> I have upgraded to rpm ver 3.

> I have done a rpm --rebuilddb.

> However, ever since kpackage (KDE) refuses to read in the list of packages
> and to install any package.

> It says it cannot access /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

> Could anyone help ? .

> Thanks

> O.

1. kpackage: can't read packages.rpm

I have upgraded to rpm 3 in RH 5.2, kernel 2.2.18

Since I installe the rpm rpm package, I cannot use kpackage anymore - it
says it cannot access /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I have tried several times to do a rpm --rebuilddb - no errors, but still
does not read any of the installed packages.

Any idea anyone ?

Thank you.

O.

2. wanted: Rubini First Edition

3. rpm: not found 'packages.rpm'

4. Total Aggravation!! Where is my Disk Space???

5. upgraded rpm, now kpackage,glint won't work

6. Notebook, Laptop, Compaq

7. RPM won't upgrade RPM!

8. KLyX?

9. RPM: can't open packages.rpm

10. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

11. RPM: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

12. Problem with Gnome RPM - Failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

13. Installed enlightenment with rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps *.rpm, but it won't run.