X server crashes when exiting DGA app (xmame.x11)

X server crashes when exiting DGA app (xmame.x11)

Post by David Stuar » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:04:54

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Basically,
whenever I use xmame.x11 in DGA mode, the X Server crashes when I exit
the app.

I have an ASUS GeForce2 GTS card (nvidia chipset), but at the moment I do
not have their 3D-accelerated drivers installed (due to a different
unrelated problem).

I can reproduce the crash at will, if anyone wants to see the logs.

Strangely enough, mplayer does not seem to exhibit this problem in DGA
mode.
--
Cynic, n.:
        Experienced.

Post by innocent_lam » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:25:05

> I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Basically,
> whenever I use xmame.x11 in DGA mode, the X Server crashes when I exit
> the app.

A new "pre" version was just posted at x.mame.net and I vaguely recall
mention of mysterious crashes with certain video cards in the relatively
recent past.

Try downloading this newly posted version and see if the crashing
continues.

X server crashes when exiting DGA app (xmame.x11)

Post by David Stuar » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:04:25

Well...

I upgraded, and it didn't really fix the problem..

On the other hand, I noticed that there is now an "SDL" mode for
fullscreen, so I tried compiling with this directive, and presto ..

I can now go fullscreen with no issues, as long as I stay in SDL mode.
For some reason DGA just doesn't like it. Anyway, I'm happy now..

--
Cynic, n.:
        Experienced.