Clock is always behind unlike in WIN95-- what to do?

Clock is always behind unlike in WIN95-- what to do?

Post by Deni » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:10:31

Hi,

In the morning when I turn on my PC I have the correct time, but during
the day my clock in Linux always gets behind by a few minutes at least.
However, if I work in Windows (which I have also on my PC) it doesn't
happen. Why is that and What do you think I can do?
Thank you.
Denis

Clock is always behind unlike in WIN95-- what to do?

Post by Noble Peppe » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:40:47

<snip>

Quote:> during the day my clock in Linux always gets behind by a few minutes at
<snip>
> Why is that and What do you think I can do?

<snip>
Not my favorite feature of Linux. There are 2 clocks, the CMOS clock and
the system clock. You look at the system clock usually.

man hwclock
info date

You want the Notes: section of the hwclock man page. This doesn't  look
like one of the easiest things to deal with. Luckily my clock is fairly
accurate so I haven't needed to mess with it.

1. Clock is always behind unlike in WIN95-- what to do?

Hi,

In the morning when I turn on my PC I have the correct time, but during
the day my clock in Linux always gets behind by a few minutes at least.
However, if I work in Windows (which I have also on my PC) it doesn't
happen. Why is that and What do you think I can do?
Thank you.
Denis

2. Bug in 2.4.9: Joydev module has incorrect version number

3. Very helpful UNIX Forum

4. ntp always resets clock instead of slewing clock

5. NCSA 1.4 vs. CERN 3.0

6. Win95, DOS, Win/DOS as Xterminal

7. NEC Superscript 150c

8. SoundBlaster 32 PNP ctcm.exe and DOS 7.0 (Win95 DOS)

9. ldub [%l3],%g2 behind ba (branch always)

10. clock returns 10000 always?

11. System Date/Clock is always 2 days out!

12. clock() function always returns 0