E-machine and X-windows: I'm stumped too.

E-machine and X-windows: I'm stumped too.

Post by Jeff Silverma » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

: >hi bob,
: >
: >can you elaborate on this?  I have been trying to get the el-cheapo
: >e-machine that uses the rage2c chip to work in mach64 mode.  can you
: >give us the kernel config and xf86 config that seems to work for you?
: >

Any success?

--
Jeff Silverman, PC guy, Linux wannabe, Java wannabe, Software engineer, husband, father etc.
See my website: http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. PROBLEM INSTALLING LINUX

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. New or Revised TAs on websco, 960915

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. HELP! How to install linux on machine that runs NT 4.0 WS

7. Where to buy E-Machine?

8. How bad is Red Hat 7 for KDE2?

9. Linux on an E-Machine...

10. Why doesn't X-Windows look as good as MS Windows?

11. Why doesn't X-Windows update windows more often?

12. X-windows problem - can't move windows

13. E-Machine compatibility?