Failed to load module "ati" (module does not exist,0)

Failed to load module "ati" (module does not exist,0)

Post by Smokehous » Thu, 30 May 2002 13:53:02

I have recently tried to get XF86 4.1 running on my ancient alpha linux box
using a variety of video cards.  I have been able to run both Mach32 and
Mach64 cards to run in VGA mode only.  When I use xf86config and choose the
correct video boards, I get the message " Failed to load module "ati"
(module does not exist,0) "   The driver was not part of the binary 4.1
package of 4.1 that I installed.  I have not been able to find the ati_drv.o
anywhere in the package.  Does anyone know where I can locate this driver?

1. Need help with CS4232 on Caldera OpenLinux 2.4 - reports "failed loading module"...

Hi folks, hope you can help:

I have an IBM Aptiva P200, which I want to convert to Linux PC.  According
to all the IBM specs he audio controller is a Crystal 4237B.  All the
drivers were 4232.

When I installed Linux, the install wouldn't autodetect the soundcard,
although it is apparently support.  Attempting to add it using the package
manager, resulted in a message telling me that the AD1848 driver had to be
installed (which it did ok).  After that attempting to add the Crystal 4232
gets me only a cryptic "failed loading module" message.

Caldera support suggested I should check out ISAPNP but after reading the
HowTo for it and PnPDump, I'm no further ahead.

I'm also wondering whether I should try to install the ALSA drivers instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luis

2. ZDNet about StarOffice 6.0

3. slackware modules --- "Loading failed!"

4. necesito alguna aplicaciĆ³n para x-win

5. "Symbol not found" on module load?

6. startx --bpp xx doesn't work...

7. Module "devpts" could not be loaded during boot

8. NTP and daylight saving

9. Linux "unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/2.0.29..."

10. apachectl /suse7.2/rcapache "unused" /php4 module / authldap module

11. install halts: "cannot create /modules/modules.cgz..."

12. "a module named ppp already exists"?

13. "can't find /lib/modules/preferred/modules-dep"