Best GCC options for Motif and Linux?

Post by Frederick Heitka » Sun, 17 Mar 1996 04:00:00

What compiler options should I use to compile Motif programs under Linux?

Fred Heitkamp

Post by Ken L » Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Heitkamp) writes:

|> What compiler options should I use to compile Motif programs under Linux?

I usually just use imake (or xmkmf or mmkmf).  The built in options work
great.

--
Ken Lee, X/Motif Consulting, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/index.shtml

1. Best Motif for Linux

Hi. I am trying to put together a Motif box at home. I bought a new
Diamond Stealth 64 Video (S3 868, 2MB DRAM) at an auction dirt cheap,
and would like to get a 17" monitor for it. Question is: With so many
Motif distribution, which one should I get?  Also, will the X-performance
be much faster if I spend $$$ on buying the X-server from Accelerated X?
Is Motif included in Accelerated X? Or at least they have some sort of
discount bundles? Also, any CDE environment (like SUN Solaris 2.5) for
Linux already?

I think instead of spending $100 for Windoze 95, spending $100 on a decent
X-server / Motif will be a better investment. My old WFW+Norton Desktop
serves me well... and uses far less memory and resources. If I go for
Windoze, NT-Workstation (wait for 4.0) will be a better choice.

Thk!

Fred

2. More DNS issues with Win2K

3. What is the best Linux Motif port?

4. redhat 6.1 setup

5. WANTED: best vendor for Linux and Motif

6. Sun WorkShop STL's string speed problem in multithreading application (too slow)

7. Best Motif for Linux?

8. kernel 2.2.0??

9. What is the BEST OPTION for linux CDROM Font ??

10. Aztech Sound Galaxy Pro 16 II on Linux: which sound options are best?

11. Best PCI/Linux video option

12. Anyone compiled Motif 2.0 with linux, XFree3.1, gcc 2.6.3?

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.