X Server Time is REAL time of day???

Post by Marc L. Alle » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I've been tracking down a problem where a lot of my X applications start
acting wierd if I set the clock back.  (The most notible is FVWM which
sorta stops doing anything until the time is restored.)  Anything which
uses X times seem to stop operating, also.

After some investigation, I've found that the X Server seems to use the
current Time Of Day as it's server time.  I would have expected it to
use system jiffies, or something which can never go backwards during an
X session.

Is there any way around this problem?  From what I've found in the
O'Reilly books on Xlib, the server time is usually something other than
the Time Of Day.

Please response by email as well as posting, as my new service is
sporadic at best.

Thanks,

Marc

--
Marc L. Allen
Schlumberger Technologies

(Gad! What a boring signature!!)

1. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

hello,

    I try to make a fonction to convert a local time in UT time. i try to
use
     mktime + gmtime + timezone + daylight.... but the result is not OK.
    Please help me....
    The problem is the same when i try to convert a UT time in Local
Time....

    my imput date format is : 'YYYYMMDDHHMMSS'.

    I'am a beginner on Unix (and in english).....

    Does anyone know about a function or an example (in C) .

    Thanks for any help.

2. eMachine setup

3. time time time how can I tell the time

4. Cypherfart is a buttplugger

5. Real Time Clock not responding - Am I screwed??

6. SRM scsi error message 06 0050

7. "Real-Time" Time Display in Console

8. Kernel Panic running GCC

9. System time warping around real time problem - please help

10. Mixed Time-Share & real-Time scheduling

11. How to profile in REAL time (not process-virtual time)

12. real time less than user time?

13. Console Graphics and Timing Events and Real Time programming