Q:rh6.0/enlightenment wm random coredump

Q:rh6.0/enlightenment wm random coredump

Post by Minghao Li » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi I'm runing the default enlightenment window manager came with RH6.0
already about half a dozen times the wm dies while I was just typing
something fast, kicked me right to the login screen and left a core file
in the .gnome-desktop directory

Any idea?
Thanks much
Ming

Q:rh6.0/enlightenment wm random coredump

Post by Stradlate » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have also had the core file problem.
what is the deal with that?

> Hi I'm runing the default enlightenment window manager came with RH6.0
> already about half a dozen times the wm dies while I was just typing
> something fast, kicked me right to the login screen and left a core file
> in the .gnome-desktop directory

> Any idea?
> Thanks much
> Ming

1. Enlightenment wm focus problem (w RH6.0)..

after I installed RH6.0, I really liked the default window manager that
came
with it (I think it is enlightenment which works with gnome).
however, I noticed that there was a problem with handling focus.  if I
click
on a window on the task bar, that window is not raised.  this is also
true if
a new window is created.  if there are number of windows, it is nuisance
find the right one.

I changed my window manager to kde, and it is working fine, but I'd like

to switch back.

Is there any fix for this focus problem?  I haven't seen anything about
this
on the RH site..
thanks for help..
- nev

2. Recommendations for terminal emulation / editor ?

3. Enlightenment WM on AIX 4.3.3 under CDE

4. Need help for setup a Dail-in PPP-server

5. enlightenment wm buttons, keys and such

6. PPP: Dials out, but no remote IP address

7. enlightenment WM from debian

8. APPC ( Advanched Program to Program Communication ) info wanted

9. Q: Enlightenment WM

10. switching from enlightenment back to WM

11. Question about Enlightenment WM

12. enlightenment, installed as the only wm

13. Start a WM from under enlightenment