compiling motif 1.2.5 under linux

Post by Doug Ack » Sun, 08 Jan 1995 06:57:40

anyone have any hints so I dont reinvent the wheel??

1. compiling Motif 2.0 with a recent linux distro

i have access to motif 2.0 at work and have been trying to compile it
on a redhat 6.1/6.0 system.  I actually did get it to compile but not
any shared libs.

I had an old set of patches/instructions to get it to compile under
the old glibc/X stuff but they don't patch cleanly at all now.

Has anyone pointers to freely available patches to get it to compile?
I've tried compiling lesstif-latest in 2.0 mode but the binaries i
have (and am trying to support) just core dump.

Any tripups/traps/gotcha's info would be appreciated.

Jeff

2. Which Linux? - the easy guide

3. Motif on Linux: How to compile?

4. hosts.allow vs. ipf.conf

5. Compiling Motif Prgms in Linux

6. JetDirect PrintServer 500x with Multiple Printers - What am I missing?

7. Wanted: Motif Libraries compiled for Linux PPC

8. keyboard, mouse blocking

9. Compiling Motif for Linux

10. Anyone get xmcd-1.4 to compile/run under linux, X11R6, Motif 2.0??

11. Anyone compiled Motif 2.0 with linux, XFree3.1, gcc 2.6.3?

12. How to compile Motif on linux

13. Suggestion needed to compile motif on redhat linux 3.0.3 system