NEC Versa P/75 Laptop - help!

Post by Blake McBrid » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

I've got a NEC VERSA P/75 laptop that I'm trying to get X to run on.
I'm using REDHAT 4.2, and XF86.  The laptop has Chips & Technology
65545A video chip.  I configured the system with Xconfigurator.

I've got the mouse working and the video.  However,
after a couple of minutes my screen turns white as if
it's burning and I have to reboot my machine to fix it.
I'm under the impression that I'm really burning something
because of incorrect video parameters.  The video looks
correct before it burns up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what parameters to
change in order to fix this?

Thanks.

--blake

--
Download source code to my Dynace Object Oriented
Extension to C and Windows Development System from:

Algorithms Corporation - 615-791-1636 - USA

1. Help needed: NEC VERSA P/75 laptop Xconfig

Hi.

I'm trying to get X to work on my VERSA Pentium/75 laptop.  I'm having
trouble with getting the dot-clock, hsync, vsync, etc. set right.  The
documentation that came with the laptop is not detailed enough to help.
I do know that it has a 800 X 600 active-matrix thin-film transistor (TFT)
color LCD display.  I suspect my problems might be due to the fact that
this active matrix (TFT) display technology is totally different than
the CRT (scan lines etc.) technology.  Does anybody know if this is the
problem?  If so, what, if anything, can be done about it?  If this is
not the problem, does anybody know the proper values for horizontal
and vertical syncs and bandwidth for this particular type of display?

Thanks,

Doug.

2. ftp-term locked on me, help!

3. CD Rom drivers for NEC Versa P/75?

4. crontab: problem with args

5. Problems with running X on NEC Versa P/75

6. Serial mouse NOT detected under RH 7.2 graphical install

7. seeking NEC Versa P/75 XF86Config

8. New SBlaster CD200R CD-ROM Drive

9. Pen driver for NEC versa M/75-P?

10. CD Rom drivers for NEC Versa P/75?

11. Wanted: Xfree86 Config file for NEC p/75 laptop

12. PCMCIA modem and NEC Versa laptop. Help.

13. Installation help for NEC Versa Laptop