Q: Looking for a 3d-Cad prog (x-win)

Post by Michael Stein » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone help me ?

I'm looking for a 3D CAD program which can handle IGES Files.
If you know such a program please send me a mail ?

thnx
--
Steiner Michael

http://www.tu-graz.ac.at/home/herzm
Tel:0316 / 687111
Fax:0316 / 687111 (vorher kurz anrufen)

Post by Mark Hamstr » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Can anyone help me ?

> I'm looking for a 3D CAD program which can handle IGES Files.
> If you know such a program please send me a mail ?

I'm guessing that you qualify for academic licensing, so you are
definitely in luck: the soon to be released Linux port of MicroStation95
will handle IGES files very nicely.  The only problem at this point is
exactly when it will be released.  It will definitely be on the 4Q '96
release of the MicroStation Academic Suite, and I'm still pushing to get
an earlier special release --I'm not sure if it's going to happen,
though, so you may have to wait a couple months.

None of these issues are technical in nature: the actual porting work is
done; it's simply a matter of production and distribution at this point.

For more information on MicroStation, the Academic Suite, and other
Bentley products, take a look at http://www.bentley.com  --yes, I know
there's no Linux specific stuff on our web pages, but there are very few
and minor differences between our Linux port and our other Unix ports,
so all the standard information applies; as for the Academic Suite, the
Linux stuff will just be added to all the stuff listed as part of the
Academic Suite currently.

Mark Hamstra
Bentley Systems, Inc.

1. help: a bash script to launch x-win and then do someting in x-win

Hi,

I was trying to make the script work (on Cygwin), but it didn't run as i
expected.
Before x-win lauch process was finished, the commands followed were finished
*already* in Bash-window, rather than in x-win.

What should I do ? Thanks

2. Any gurus understand this PPPD Negotiation Failure???

3. X-win on 3D blaster video card?

4. ssh problem

5. ATI 3D RAGE PRO to X-win.....

6. (no subject)

7. Free 3d-CAD program for Linux?

8. AGP...???

9. Wanted: 3D-CAD with CSG modelling environment

10. looking for x-win emulator for win95 OS

11. dumb Qs about writing multi-threaded progs

12. x-win won't start with eth0 enabled