Waiting for Server to shut down error?

Post by Dean » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

 I have just completed installing Redhat 4.0 Linux. I moved on to
configure X-windows...great no problems.
Then I "startx" and it reads my config fine,.... then spits the dummy
with the error "Waiting for Server to shut down".

Help!!!

1. XFree86 Fatal Error :waiting for server to shut down FreeFontPath

Hi all,
I have read some posts about the following bug and as yet have not read
any solutions. I am running the latest unstable distribution of debian
and XFree86, and get this error when trying to run 'startx':

waiting for server to shut down FreeFontPath: FPE
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled" refcount is 2, should be 1;
fixing.

I see the X screen briefly, then it returns to terminal mode displaying
this message and a blinking cursor (ready for entry).

This is frustrating as I cannot get into X!.

I have downloaded all the font packages and used apt-get to install
everything

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Richard

2. ATA error

3. Waiting for X server to shut down

4. Port 4662, 10 times more packets since november

5. What about the "X server to shut down FreeFontPath" error

6. Diald Problems

7. Automatically shutting down Linux server from Windows server.

8. tcpdump & libpcap

9. How to shut-off on a shut-down?

10. Problem with powering down when shutting down

11. eth0 shuts down with NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out error.

12. Error on boot and shut down

13. Shutting Down X -- Error