fvwm -- easy newbie customization questions

fvwm -- easy newbie customization questions

Post by Todd » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm new to  running fvwm Version 1.24r and would like some help in
solving these remaining questions.  What .fvwm options will assist me
with these?  I've read the FAQ and searched dejanews, but it seems
most documentation is for fvwm2 these days.  TIA for any help with
these newbie questions:

1) I'd like to be able to resize windows by dragging any side of the
window--not just the corners.

2) How do I bind Alt-Right mouse button to "Iconify" a window?

3) How do I get a normal window operation list to come up when I click
   the control bar in the upper left hand side of the window?  How can
   I make double clicking the control bar destroy the window?

4) How do I bind Alt-tab to "circle down"

5) Why does my mouse pointer position jump to the upper left corner of
   whatever new window comes in focus?  Can I disable this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any help!.

1. Newbie Questions... easy answers I'm sure :)

These questions may seem stupid, but I am still learning.  I have
August 1996 Walnut Creek cdrom "Linux Slackware 96".

I am confused with XFree86 and X11R6, whats the diff or is there a
diff?

How do I find the current version of X Windows?  The CD Box says
"v3.1.2" no rev.

I am having problems with a Trident 9440Agi adapter and have read that
I need 3.1.2G, ok.  If I have 3.1.2, can I find a single patch file,
or must I download the entire updated version.

Thanks,
Tom York

2. LILO Booting Linux...Nothing

3. A few (hopefully easy) newbie questions.

4. Measure the CPU time of a program

5. Redhat FVWM question (newbie)

6. Tape problems (1/4") on 320H

7. Easy newbie question

8. kde 2.2.2 can't compile kdenetwork

9. X vs XF86 vs Gnome (REALLY easy newbie question)

10. "Easy" question from a newbie

11. KDevelop Newbie with 2 easy questions. :)

12. easy newbie question

13. Newbie, very easy question I'm sure