No BIOS info, no DDC info after upgrade G200=>G400 !?

No BIOS info, no DDC info after upgrade G200=>G400 !?

Post by j.taim » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:59:08

Hi,all,
I've upgraded my system from Matrox G200/8MB to single-head matrox
G400/32MB. Now no DDC info about monitor is given by ddc-module and mga
driver is giving warning 'Video BIOS block no detected'. Otherwise is seems
new G400 card is running properly. Can I expect some problems ? Are these
descrepancies due to XFree86 or due video card problem ? Have you somebody
similar experience ?  Enclosed are the appropriate parts of logs before and
after upgrade...
Thanks in advance

--
Jan Taimr
---------------------------------------

  G200-1
3K Download

1. Unix <-> NOS

Yes, if you have FTP on the two machines.  My NOS systems person advises
me that FTP for NOS is a separately priced product and may not have been
ordered for your machine.

--
Maurice Suhre

2. Experience with Digital Prioris HX5100MP

3. BIOS drive info != Linux drive info

4. Getting Linux to answer the Phone

5. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

6. Remote printing via FlexIP: Help!!

7. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

8. UNIX Scheduling - Tivoli, CA, ???

9. NOS shootout

10. Seeds for random nos.

11. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

12. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes