Netscape 4.07 on RHL 5.1?

Post by James Omur » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm almost finished upgrading my Red Hat Linux 5.1 to the most
current updates (just all the 5.1 upgrades -- not upgrading to 5.2).
However, the last version of Netscape Communicator/Navigator for
RHL 5.1 is Communicator 4.06.  However, 4.06 had security issues which
were corrected in 4.07.  Also, 4.07 might be a bit better debugged
in other ways.  Has anybody tried the 4.07 distribution which is
part of RHL 5.2 with RHL 5.1?  Were there problems with this
combination or can I do this upgrade without replacing the rest
of the OS with RHL 5.2?

---

The Moving Target:  mobile information technology
http://www.pathcom.com/~jimomura/

1. RHL 5.1, Netscape 4.07 FTP Freeze

     I've been using RedHat Linux 5.1 with all the upgrades up to last
Samba upgrade (I haven't made the latest Kernel upgrade yet, but
I don't think that is causing this problem).

     I upgraded the Netscape Communicator package to the 4.07
package which comes with RHL 5.2.  For the most part, it
works without problems.  But I am having a problem which,
as far as I can remember, was not occuring before.  I was
doing some FTP downloads yesterday and I found that after
a few minutes, the animated Icon in the download window
would stop.  Shortly after that, the FTP download would
freeze up.  If I hit a key on the keyboard or move the mouse,
then the download continues and the animated Icon continues.

     I think it's probably something to do with an "energy
saver" or a "screen saver" function somewhere.  Does anybody
know anything about this problem?

2. Truetype Fonts and Antialiasing

3. RHL 5.1 on Sparc and Netscape

4. like Wingate for FreeBSD (part II)

5. Increase/decrease fonts in Netscape 4.07

6. common way to print text to a printer from inside a C-program

7. Netscape Communicator 4.07

8. route -netmask ?

9. red hat 5.2 and netscape 4.07

10. Netscape 4.07 Colormap Problem

11. Red Hat 5.2 & Netscape Communicator 4.07

12. Korean or Japanese support with Netscape 4.07

13. RH5.2: Netscape 4.07 Error: Perhaps problem with Nameserver?