Xlib: extension "XINERAMA" missing on display ":0.0"

Xlib: extension "XINERAMA" missing on display ":0.0"

Post by Andre Hueckelkempke » Sat, 19 May 2001 02:15:32

Is there anyone out, who got the same problem? Or better anyone who can
help me?

First some facts to the system.
Im using RedHat7.1 and Gnome with sawfish as the windowmanager and
XFree86 4.0.3 as the XServer.
When Im trying to log into Gnome the windowmanager wont start. I tried
to start it by hand. And got the following error message:

Xlib: extension "XINERAMA" missing on display ":0.0"
error-->(file-error "Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden"
"sawfish/wm/session/init")

So I looked up the internet and found out, that Xinerama has something
to do with multiple Displays.
But I only want to use a single display. I dont know the reason for
this message.
There is nothing in the XF86Config-4 in the ServerLayout or ServerFlag
Section that indicates something relating to Xinerama.
I also looked up the gdm.conf, if cinerama is started there. Nothing.

So I dont know what to try next. I would be obliged, if anyone could
help me.
Thanks a lot.

Andre