Help with FVWM: no GoodStuff and Iconifying kills X

Help with FVWM: no GoodStuff and Iconifying kills X

Post by Peter C Ols » Thu, 27 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I'm writing to ask for help with FVWM and X.

Recently I upgraded to XFREE 3.1 and to FVWM 1.24.  Sometime after I
finished, I noticed that I could neither get my GoodStuff module to
work nor could I iconify any open windows.  Checking "ps" indicates
that GoodStuff is running, but it simply refuses to open a window
while clicking on the Iconify button of any window causes the X-server
to terminate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

--

         P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410; 410-997-8584
     "Engineering is the art of applying a professional knowledge of

1. Help with FVWM: Still No GoodStuff and Inconifying crashes X

I'm writing again to ask for help with FVWM and X --- and to report
what didn't seem to work.

Recently I upgraded to XFREE 3.1 and to FVWM 1.24.  Sometime after I
finished, I noticed that I could neither get my GoodStuff module to
work nor could I iconify any open windows.  Checking "ps" indicates
that GoodStuff is running, but it refuses to (or can't) open a window.
Meanwhile, clicking on the Iconify button of any window causes the
X-server to terminate.

Since my first post, I have installed the latest version of pre-2.0
and tried both of the pre-2.0-compliant fvwmrc files available from
the archive.  Neither change fixed the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

--

         P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410; 410-997-8584
     "Engineering is the art of applying a professional knowledge of
   mathematics and the physical sciences to improve the quality of life"

--

         P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410; 410-997-8584
     "Engineering is the art of applying a professional knowledge of
   mathematics and the physical sciences to improve the quality of life"

2. TFS - translucent file service

3. FVWM works, but goodstuff doesnt...HELP?

4. Secure browser for Linux

5. Iconify All in fvwm 1.24

6. Testing

7. XFree exits when iconify under fvwm

8. back door

9. fvwm locks machine when iconify emacs

10. Ygdrassil/LGX - How to de-Iconify in fvwm?

11. How to iconify emacs on fvwm-metroX

12. FVWM auto-iconify

13. FVWM and GoodStuff