focus problem with mouse

Post by Marleen Durne » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have a problem with fvwm95: I cannot make a window 'active' by
clicking it with the mouse.  It will come to the foreground, but the
title bar remains grey.  The miminize-maximize buttons don't react
either, but double-clicking the title-bar does.  I don't have these
problems when using KDE or Gnome.
With Lesstif, the focus follows the mouse, and windows become active,
but the buttons still won't react.
Sometimes all works fine when I start up - for half a minute, then the
problem comes up again.
Does anybody know what could cause this ?
I'm using a Microsoft mouse and Redhat 5.1.

thanks,
Daan Huybrechs

focus problem with mouse

Post by Bev » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I have a problem with fvwm95: I cannot make a window 'active' by
> clicking it with the mouse.  It will come to the foreground, but the
> title bar remains grey.  The miminize-maximize buttons don't react
> either, but double-clicking the title-bar does.  I don't have these
> problems when using KDE or Gnome.
> With Lesstif, the focus follows the mouse, and windows become active,
> but the buttons still won't react.
> Sometimes all works fine when I start up - for half a minute, then the
> problem comes up again.
> Does anybody know what could cause this ?
> I'm using a Microsoft mouse and Redhat 5.1.

Using Slackware 3.4 and a Logitech mouse, but I don't think that should
matter.  My fvwm2rc95 was originally click-to-focus, and this is the line
that did it:

        Style "*" ClickToFocus

Being too lazy to click, I changed it so that the focus just follows the
mouse location:

        Style "*" MouseFocus

along with

        Autoraise 500

to give me a little time before the focus changes, just in case I was just
passing through :-)

--
Cheers,
Bev

focus problem with mouse

Post by TiPo » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Just turn off your Numlock key and the problem will disappear...

TP

Marleen Durnez a crit:

Quote: