goofy X menus

Post by Joseph Howel » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm having a problem with drop-down menus under X.  When I try to access
a menu, some menus "jump" to behind the window of whatever prog I have
up.  Sometimes they just "flash" for a moment then vanish (even if I
hold down the mouse button). Ususally I have to click a few times before
the menu will stay put.

This is not endemic to any specific program; but I've noted that it
happens with most (if not all) tcl/tk progs. Also happens with Netscape
and others.  But it does not happen with root window menus.

I have xfree86 (most current version...forget the #) and kernel 2.0.32.
This has been happening since my most recent kernel upgrade a couple
months ago, not my xfree86 upgrade (which I did after that).  Everything
else (all the slackware packages) are up-to-date too, BTW.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
Joe Howell

---------
K.W.T.S.!
-------------------------------------
USENET: It's information, not wisdom.

1. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

Using, Mandrake and KDE2:

When I edit my menus in MenuDrake (which has its own issues) I lose all the
items in KDE Control Center (menus, etc.)  Control Center launches, but
there is just a blank white area where the various choices used to be (look
n feel, etc).

I've recreated this twice now.  I have to full reinstall to fix it as I
found no way to install just the control center.

Anyone else with this problem, or have any ideas?

Dante D'Elia

2. Colorado Jumbo 350

3. Slackware setup menu always goes back to menu

4. ncurses 4.0

5. Debian-menus - can't add own positions to menu

6. X11 programming

7. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

8. XF86Config needed (I'm joining the crowd)

9. RMB-Menu (root-Menu)

10. xterm menus (or lack of menus)

11. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

12. KDE default menu suggestion (and distribution menu...)

13. Can we remove 'Toggle Menu Bar' menu item which comes with dtterm ?