Compaq Armada 1500c and Red hat 7.1

Post by Jean-Francois CAB » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:15:49

Does anybody try to install Red Hat 7.1 on a Compaq Armada 1500c laptop ?

In Windows 9x mode, the graphics resolution was 800x600 with 16 bits or 24
bits color but with XFree 4.0, i can define only a configuration with
800x600 / 8bpp.

Thanks for your help

Post by Dany » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:26:39

> Does anybody try to install Red Hat 7.1 on a Compaq Armada 1500c laptop
> ?

Not on Compaq Armada but on another laptop, my solution was to use frame
buffer

Compaq Armada 1500c and Red hat 7.1

Post by H Dziardzi » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:20:45

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:15:49 +0200, "Jean-Francois CABY"

>Does anybody try to install Red Hat 7.1 on a Compaq Armada 1500c laptop ?

>In Windows 9x mode, the graphics resolution was 800x600 with 16 bits or 24
>bits color but with XFree 4.0, i can define only a configuration with
>800x600 / 8bpp.

>Thanks for your help

Did you try looking at the output from X as it starts (eg., X >&
/tmp/x.out)?  The monitor and or dot clock/frequencies may be
incorrect.  Some chip sets' resolution also depend on the dot clock.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. SVR4 - initializing TERM

3. Redhat 6.1 on Compaq Armada 1500c

4. RH5.2-Kernel2.2.9- can't print

5. Compaq Armada 1500C

6. need help to compile gs

7. Problems with sound on Compaq Armada 1500c

8. FTP transfer rates under linux

9. Compaq Armada 1500c X problem

10. Running X in a Compaq Armada 1500C

11. Lock up of keyboard and mouse, Red Hat 7.1 on Compaq

12. Can't install Red Hat 7.1 on a compaq Prosignia 300 24M

13. Red Hat Linux 7.1 compatibility with Compaq EVO D500 desktop