XFree86 question

Post by UCAM.. » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:41:00

Hi All:
I use RH7.1 on a stand-alone i386.
I recenlty upgraded to XFree86 4.1.0 using tar files from XFree site
and their install routine.

Now everytime I start rpm to install a new software that needs XFree I
get failed dependencies for files that are already on the system.  So, I
re-run the rpm using --nodeps parameter and all is well.

Q: Is there a way to cure this problem once and for all?
BTW: the path to XFree files is in the ld.so.conf file.

Thanks for any help.

Masoud

1. XFree86 Question

I just downloaded a bunch of files for XFree86 (v3.3.2), and was a bit
curious as to where to unTar them from?  Does it matter?  Does Tar
understand absolute path names, or do I need to move the archives to the
proper directory (/usr/X11) and unTar them there?

Any/all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanx

2. Need help by making PAS16 SCSI kernel patch

3. Xfree86 questions

4. New To Linux

5. XFree86 Questions.....

6. Undefined symbol randbyte - Please help!

7. xfree86 question, I WANT MY 800x600!!!!!

8. Mounting Question

9. XFree86 question

10. xfree86 question?

11. XFree86 question