Changing the resolution in X

Post by Cheung-Yu Chon » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

My keyboard don't have the "+" key. So there is no response when I press
"Ctrl & alt & +". Is there any other method for "fast" changing the
resolution in X?

Thanks

Freddy

Post by Sean » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> My keyboard don't have the "+" key. So there is no response when I
press
> "Ctrl & alt & +". Is there any other method for "fast" changing the
> resolution in X?

> Thanks

> Freddy

"Ctrl & alt & -"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Changing the resolution in X

Post by sigem.. » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I don't know if there's a similar thing for KDE (probably), but in GNOME, there is a panel app called GNOME Resolution Switcher (i think) . . . it's very well done - check it out

Hope this helps

Sigemund

> [...]

Hope this helps

Sigemund

> My keyboard don't have the "+" key. So there is no response when I press
> "Ctrl & alt & +". Is there any other method for "fast" changing the
> resolution in X?

> Thanks

> Freddy

Changing the resolution in X

Post by sigem.. » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I don't know if there's a similar thing for KDE (probably), but in GNOME, there is a panel app called GNOME Resolution Switcher (i think) . . . it's very well done - check it out

Hope this helps

Sigemund

> My keyboard don't have the "+" key. So there is no response when I press
> "Ctrl & alt & +". Is there any other method for "fast" changing the

1. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Hi,
Does someone know if it is (or is not!) possible to change both the
screen resolution AND the virtual screen resolution at the same time
with the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus/Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus keystrokes? I
typically run at 1024x768 but would like to be able to change to 800x600
or 600x480, but without getting the "scrolling" virtual screen as a side
effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Max.

2. Mounting/adding DOS Hard Drive

3. Change num of colours used and change resolution-HOW?

4. Linux RAID-5 and Data Preservation

5. soalris9: change display resolution and change monitor

6. "Too many open files in system" - must reboot

7. How do I change video resolution?

8. Pants performance on iPlanet Directory 4.1 (memcachesize)

9. Changing linux text-based resolution?

10. Changing default X resolution globally.

11. Changing resolution on a laptop- how?

12. Changing Virtual Desktops resolution

13. Changing graphics resolution in AIX