OpenGL: Xinside or MetroLink?

Post by John Paul Morris » Mon, 04 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I'd like to get an Xserver with OpenGL so that I can work with SGI's
properly. X Inside and Metro Link both advertize support for Linux,
which one is better? Which would one work best with Motif and Caldera or
Red Hat Linux?

thanks

BogoMIPS Research Labs  --  bogosity research & simulation  --  VE7JPM  --

Post by Chua Beng Hu » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: I'd like to get an Xserver with OpenGL so that I can work with SGI's
: properly. X Inside and Metro Link both advertize support for Linux,
: which one is better? Which would one work best with Motif and Caldera or
: Red Hat Linux?

Where can I obtain more information about these two OpenGL packages.
Please advise. Thanks and regards.

Beng Huat

OpenGL: Xinside or MetroLink?

Post by Frederick Heitka » Sun, 17 Mar 1996 04:00:00

writes:
:>

:>
:>: I'd like to get an Xserver with OpenGL so that I can work with SGI's
:>: properly. X Inside and Metro Link both advertize support for Linux,
:>: which one is better? Which would one work best with Motif and Caldera or
:>: Red Hat Linux?
:>
:>Where can I obtain more information about these two OpenGL packages.
:>Please advise. Thanks and regards.
:>
I think there is a third one made by Portable Graphics,
http://www.portable.com/  It's listed for $79US.

1. Xinside or MetroLink X server for Matrox

I was just wondering which X server would be better for my Millenium.
The Xinside Server or the Metrolink server?  I am hoping that someone
would say MetroLink because I am kind of pissed at Xinside.  I purchased
Xinside 1.1 when I had an Impression.  Now that I have a Millenium, I
still have to pay to get the new drivers.  Since Metro comes with Rehat
Picasso, I guess the price would be about the same except I would also
get the redhat distribution.  BTW, does this mean I can SELL my Xinside
server or giveaway because I no longer have a use for a server which
cannot serve the Millenium?

Thanks for the kind responses(...in advance...)

ben

2. Progress bar in C

3. Xinside vs. Metrolink

4. Solstice Adminsuite Help

5. MetroLink X server + OpenGL trouble

6. SUN/OS to Solaris - Should I?

7. Is there any more reliable NAT beside IP MASQ?

8. Savage 4 and OpenGL (Unable to Create OpenGL Screen)

9. Help: MetroLink Part II.

10. Metrolink Motif 2.0

11. Motif++ available for linux/Metrolink Motif

12. Metrolink Motif for Linux (problem resolution)