system monitoring for 2 CPUs, RH6/GNOME

Post by Elvis Che » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

greetings,

I recently assembled a dual-celron system, and installed Redhat 6 on it.
I'm using the default GNOME as the desktop.  However, I'm not able to find
-any- CPU-monitoring program that can display CPU-usage for BOTH CPUs.
Does such thing exist?

Ideally it should be compatible with GNOME so I can add it to GNOME panel.

any help is very much appreciated,

Elvis

system monitoring for 2 CPUs, RH6/GNOME

Post by dpc » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I know there is a util that can do this (regardless of window manager, etc)
Just run "xosview" - I don't know if it's bundled with all distro's or not,
but it was in my SuSE distro...
It's not exactly pretty, but it displays CPU usage for both.

dpc

Quote:

> greetings,

> I recently assembled a dual-celron system, and installed Redhat 6 on it.
> I'm using the default GNOME as the desktop.  However, I'm not able to find
> -any- CPU-monitoring program that can display CPU-usage for BOTH CPUs.
> Does such thing exist?

> Ideally it should be compatible with GNOME so I can add it to GNOME panel.

> any help is very much appreciated,

> Elvis

1. CPU time from GNOME system monitor

Hi All,

I am using linux redhat 7.2. I have a process running which I am
monitoring using GNOME System monitor. The monitor claims that the
process in question has been running for 1 hour occupying approx 50% of
the CPU. In fact the process has been running for two hours 'real time'.
What does the time field represent in GNOME system monitor - is it
something other than the obvious?  If not then why is it a factor of at
least 2 out?

Also, my process seems to be restricted to 50% of CPU - can I check and
alter this?

Thanks MM

2. obtaining 1600x1200 resolution with ATI XPERT AGP card

3. Abit BH6 RH6.2 2.2.16 CPU Temp Monitor

4. ftp,telnet

5. RH6 X, Gnome, & KDE Desktop offset to the left on Viewsonic monitor

6. Yggdrasil - Linux

7. High system CPU% in dual CPU System

8. 802.11 sniffer

9. RH6.1 - gnome help system, control center

10. ProcMeter3 - System monitoring program (cpu, memory etc.)

11. Is there any API for monitoring system resources(CPU utilization, free memory....)?

12. CPU graphical performance monitor for SMP system

13. Favorite multi CPU system monitor??