X-windows on Windows 95

Post by Hermano Correi » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I am a new user of Linux, and I am trying to connect an Windows95
workstation with an X-Windows software (Lan for Workplace Pro) to use X
software. I never get connection even though I can connect through
rlogin or telnet.

Can anybody help me?

Best Regards
Hermano Correia/ Portugal

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. AIX hobbyist license, does it exist?

3. X-Windows (Was - Re: Windows 95, what a joke)

4. setup nes hardware after linux is install

5. X-Windows client for Windows NT/95

6. swsusp: cleanups

7. Why does RedHat Linux 4 X-Windows try to look like Windows 95

8. SSL on Apache

9. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

10. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

11. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

12. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

13. Multi-boot success with Windows 95, Windows NT 4, Linux, OS/2 boot manager