Default font setup in linux - Please Help me ! -

Post by luxu » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:41:18

Hello,

I have question about X11's default Fonts.

I appreciate if someone in help me

I know where X11 fonts located and fonts setup in program  like xterm.

But some program's font can't setup .

That program seems to use X-windows default fonts.

I want to know how setup X-windows default fonts.

Can anyone give me some help?  Thanks a lot.

Post by Paul L » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:07:27

>Hello,

>I have question about X11's default Fonts.

>I appreciate if someone in help me

>I know where X11 fonts located and fonts setup in program  like xterm.

>But some program's font can't setup .

>That program seems to use X-windows default fonts.

>I want to know how setup X-windows default fonts.

>Can anyone give me some help?  Thanks a lot.

Have you looked at your .Xdefaults ???

1. XF86 Server error: could not open default cursor font 'cursor' PLEASE HELP!

I've installed Slackware 3.0.0 and gotten everything _but_ XWindows up
and running.  Everything about XWindows install went without a hitch and
I installed all the options/fonts.  I've edited config files and done
evrything I can find in the docs, BUT...

When I startx, everything runs along smoothly until I get:

Fatal server error
could not open default cursor font 'cursor'
xinit: No such file or directory

If possible, i'd like to find out where this file is _supposed_ to live.
Or, _where_ I can set the cursor font to find a useable one...

All help mucho appreciado!

Darren White
Would-be XWindows User

2. hardware recommendation needed

3. cannot find default fonts! please help

4. Ximian Evolution: Changing weather location.

5. Default font setup in linux

6. ZModem

7. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

8. wich nic driver for netfinity 1000 ?

9. how to setup xterm default font?

10. How to setup a default font for nxterm in X

11. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

12. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'