modem issues.

Post by Dunn On » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

how do I get my modem to work with linux conf? Where do I configure dns
settings and all for the ISP? I don't have a /dev/modem either. How do I
install one? Please help....thanks

modem issues.

Post by Andrew Come » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>how do I get my modem to work with linux conf? Where do I configure dns
>settings and all for the ISP? I don't have a /dev/modem either. How do I
>install one? Please help....thanks

Ooops... why would not you read
http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/howto/ISP-Hookup-HOWTO
and post other modem-related questions to
comp.os.linux.{misc,networking,setup}?

Best,
Andrew

--
Looking for a Linux-compatible V.90 modem? See
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/CheapBox.html#modem

1. Modem Issues

Hi, I am having a issue here and some people on #linuxhelp Undernet network
pointed me to you guys.

I have a ISA modem; Motorola VoiceSURFR 56K Internal PnP... and well  simply
put, I am having some difficulty getting it setup.  I have tried (I think)
every COM port (if that is what that /dev/ttyS0 and other listings in KPPP
Setup under the KDE desktop are) and all I seem to get for a response is
"Modem is Busy" or "Sorry, the modem did not respond."

I am fairly new to Linux so a detailed response would be appericated.. that
is if you even have one for me.  Any other information needed will be given,
just ask.  As for Processor/RAM, I am on a MSI  MS-6167c KX133 Athlon MB at
a 850Mhz clock w/ 256MB PC266 RAM.  If that makes a difference.

Thank you very much,
Casey Cain

2. eMail Notification Solaris Volume Manager/Solstice DiskSuite

3. Help... Modem issues

4. Id10T question... or is it?

5. Modem Issue

6. QUESTION: Automounting home dirs

7. RedHat 5.2 - Modem Issues

8. Any gurus out there able to help a (relative) newbie with modem probs?

9. Cable modem issues

10. Modem issue resolution.

11. modem issues in Redhat 8.0

12. Modem issues