Compaq X server for Windows won't run Gnome programs

Compaq X server for Windows won't run Gnome programs

Post by cjm » Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:19:11

Hi,

I am running Compaq's X server (Xcursion) for Windows (don't ask me why). I cannot run any Gnome programs. The system complains about:

 "file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion 'image != NULL' failed"

and

"X connection to 192.168.0.1:0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)"

If anyone can help with this, you have my admiration and appreciation.

I am running RH-7 for Linux.

Thanks.

cjm

1. Compaq Win32 X-server won't run Gnome stuff

Help please,

I am using Compaq's excursion X-server on a windows box. I cannot seem to
run many X programs written to run under Gnome. The feature list for
eXcursion (that is the product name of the server) says that it does not
have the following extensions: Remote Execution, Web Browser Plug-In,
Security, Application Group, Print, and LBX.

When I run an app, I get messages like:

GDK-Critical **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion
'image != NULL' failed

and

GDK-ERROR: X connection to 192.168.0.1:0.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown)

and

SESSION_MANAGER=local/murphy4.aac.jerviswebb.com:tmp/.ICE-unix/3177

The client is a RH 7.0. KDE runs OK and older X applications run OK too.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

cjm

2. infrared

3. x-windows won't run programs

4. dbx mailing lists

5. Windows Server 2003 won't run major Microsoft apps -- THEINQUIRER.net

6. I have a problem in developing Solaris 7 PCI Device Driver..

7. Why won't screensaver run under Gnome?

8. Netscape Enterprise Server for Linux?

9. X won't run - can't communicate with server?

10. *help* RH 5.0...Programs won't run under x (newbie)

11. self-compiled programs won't run -- unix cant find them!

12. Won't run programs!

13. I broke KDE: Desktop blank, programs won't run