Accelerated-X server problem on Redhat 5.2, Mystique G200 8MB

Post by Thomas Roel » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I just installed Accelerated-X on Redhat 5.2 using an 8MB Matrox Mystique G200
> AGP card (using 1152x864 res). If I bring up control-panel and go to
> administration and click on the group administration, X shuts down on me.
> (Sometimes I can get to the group section, but clicking on the add button will
> then cause X to shut down). When I restart the server, often the mouse is
> uncontrollable, randomly moving. I've scanned the Accellerated-X notes, tried
> turning off gpm, etc, but no luck.
> Anyone else experiencing this and have any idea how to fix it?

Which version of Accelerated-X, which type of mouse ?

Regarding your crash, there should be something like /var/adm/X0panic
(or /var/log/X0panic), which is the stacktrack of the dying
X-Server. So if the control-pannel crashed it, this will contain some

- Thomas
--
             Thomas Roell   /\         An imperfect plan executed *ly
             Xi Graphics   /  \/\ _     is far superior to a perfect plan.

                         / Oelch! \ \             George Patton

Accelerated-X server problem on Redhat 5.2, Mystique G200 8MB

Post by Marc Britt » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Which kernel are you using?  and do you have SMP configured?  I've found
that Accel=X does not handle SMP well at all.

Post by Klamer Schutt » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Don't forget that with Accelerated-X you receive free unlimited tech.
> support via phone or email.

But be aware that umlimited tech support via phone or email does not
mean that they get the server running flawlessly on your system.

At least, that is my experience...

Klamer

Post by Bernd Knochenhau » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>> Don't forget that with Accelerated-X you receive free unlimited tech.
>> support via phone or email.

>But be aware that umlimited tech support via phone or email does not
>mean that they get the server running flawlessly on your system.

>At least, that is my experience...

Well, at least the folks from xig seem to _care_ about problems customers
experience with their products unlike other companies. Personally, I will
buy Accel-X when hw/ acceleration for OpenGL (E&S, 3Dlabs) becomes
available.

Bernd

--

Post by Thomas Roel » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> >> Don't forget that with Accelerated-X you receive free unlimited tech.
> >> support via phone or email.

> >But be aware that umlimited tech support via phone or email does not
> >mean that they get the server running flawlessly on your system.

> >At least, that is my experience...

> Well, at least the folks from xig seem to _care_ about problems customers
> experience with their products unlike other companies. Personally, I will
> buy Accel-X when hw/ acceleration for OpenGL (E&S, 3Dlabs) becomes
> available.

We have added support for the E&S AccelGALAXY (RealImage 2100 based)
to the Techdemo, which is HW 3D). Sorry, the AccelLIGHTING will take a
few more weeks. There is also support for the 3Dlabs chips. Everybody
who has already EV1 (first cut of the TechDemo) will be updated to EV2
as soon as our QA department gives the ok for this new cut. Just for
kicks, here the list of currently supported chips (yes, including AGP
busmastering and the MTRR jazz):

        3Dlabs Permedia2
        3Dlabs DMX/GMX
        E&S Ri2100 (AccelGALAXY)