PLEASE, HELP: REDHAT 5.1 and X Window with ATI XPERT 98 2X !

PLEASE, HELP: REDHAT 5.1 and X Window with ATI XPERT 98 2X !

Post by Alex » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Please help!!!

I am having a problem with my new Red Hat installation - cannot setup X
correctly!
I have Redhat 5.1 on Pentium II 450.
The video board is ATI XPERT 98 2X with 8Mb.
X works only if I specify a generic video card.
What are the correct parameters for MY card???
Does anybody have configured this type of video card?

Thanks a lot

PLEASE, HELP: REDHAT 5.1 and X Window with ATI XPERT 98 2X !

Post by Shaydi » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Find out what your chipset it on your card. It might be a fairly common set.
I use a totally generix Virge GX videocard and it works great.

-Dan

>Please help!!!

>I am having a problem with my new Red Hat installation - cannot setup X
>correctly!
>I have Redhat 5.1 on Pentium II 450.
>The video board is ATI XPERT 98 2X with 8Mb.
>X works only if I specify a generic video card.
>What are the correct parameters for MY card???
>Does anybody have configured this type of video card?

>Thanks a lot

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. Bug report: pressing <PrtScrn> mucks up keyboard

3. X disp. problems help please ATI Xpert 98 AGP

4. Reading stdout of a target program

5. Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

6. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

7. compile warnings - need help

8. Problems With X Windows and ATI Expert Expert 98 (Rage Pro) on Red Hat 5.1

9. ATI XPERT @ PLAY 98 video card and X-Windows

10. X Windows with ATI Xpert 98

11. Redhat 6.2 with Asus cuv4x-e + Ati xpert 98 + 3com 3c905b

12. I got problem install Redhat 6.2 with Asus cuv4x-e + Ati xpert 98 + 3com 3c905b