linux newbie needs help adding i740 support for xfree86

linux newbie needs help adding i740 support for xfree86

Post by *slom.. » Thu, 03 Jun 1999 04:00:00

i went to ftp.redhat.com and downloaded all of the files from
the XBF directory. i then used GNOMErpm to attempt to install
one of the rpm files (i wasnt sure which because the readme.i740
file doesn't talk about redhat 6.0 which is what i'm running,
only 5.x or 4.x), however, it claimed that none of them were
seemed to be rpm packages. is there a different file somewhere
that adds support for the i740 chipset under redhat 6.0? i
followed the directions in the README.i740 file, but had the
same problem when trying to install the rpm file. i'm brand new
to linux, so if anybody could help me out i'd appreciate it.
--ryan

Post by qtip » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> i went to ftp.redhat.com and downloaded all of the files from
> the XBF directory. i then used GNOMErpm to attempt to install
> one of the rpm files (i wasnt sure which because the readme.i740
> file doesn't talk about redhat 6.0 which is what i'm running,
> only 5.x or 4.x), however, it claimed that none of them were
> seemed to be rpm packages. is there a different file somewhere
> that adds support for the i740 chipset under redhat 6.0? i
> followed the directions in the README.i740 file, but had the
> same problem when trying to install the rpm file. i'm brand new
> to linux, so if anybody could help me out i'd appreciate it.
> --ryan

Redownload and type "rpm -i *.rpm" in the download dir
cd /etc/X11
ln -s /usr/X11/bin/XBF_i740  X

1. linux newbie needs help adding i740 support for xfree86

i went to ftp.redhat.com and downloaded all of the files from
the XBF directory. i then used GNOMErpm to attempt to install
one of the rpm files (i wasnt sure which because the readme.i740
file doesn't talk about redhat 6.0 which is what i'm running,
only 5.x or 4.x), however, it claimed that none of them were
seemed to be rpm packages. is there a different file somewhere
that adds support for the i740 chipset under redhat 6.0? i
followed the directions in the README.i740 file, but had the
same problem when trying to install the rpm file. i'm brand new
to linux, so if anybody could help me out i'd appreciate it.
--ryan

2. RedHat 7 NVdriver Module

3. Newbie needs i740 Video card support

4. TFTP service problem on Solaris2.5

5. Linux newbie lost mouse in Xfree86 after recompiling kernel, need help to help himOne

6. installing redhat 3.0.3: several problems

7. Newbie - Need Help adding Free Space to Linux Partition

8. recompiling Apache on a RS6k

9. (Linux Newbie) Need help with configuring Trident Blade 3D/MVP4 (63) for Xfree86 4.0.2

10. i740 graphics card under XFree86, need XF86Config

11. Need an XFree86 server for an Intel i740 Card

12. i740 : DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO SETUP DE i740 IN RHat LINUX ?

13. Newbie needs help! Adding drives to HSG80 ...