xon

Post by Ivo Naninc » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello All,

Currentley I'm hacking to get 'xon' to work for me to display a xterm
from a remote machine on my local one. I'm tired of telnetting from
a->b,
fiddling DISPLAY and then start a xterm... :-((

BUT
I'm lost...

Files/things that I have touched:
/etc/hosts
/etc/hosts.allow
/etc/hosts.equiv
/etc/inetd.conf (rsh/rlogin-stuff, kill -HUP pid afterwards)
~/.rhosts
xhost +
rsh (works from a->b and vv)

No firewall in between, on same (sub)net, ...

HELP, please....
--
Best regards, and don't let the bits byte!
Ivo Naninck.

1. XON/XOFF Question

        We've got a dumb problem on our system.  We have a Risc System/6000
running AIX, and the modem lines are unusable for anything serious -- see,
whenever the system sends more than a screenful of data (like doing a
"ls /etc" or "info" or running IRC or anything), it comes out as garbage.
Even if you pg something, the last few lines at the bottom of the screen is
junk.
        We know its an XON/XOFF problem, but we can't seem to find a solution
for this problem.  It's very annoying, and IBM really isn't helping --
apparently, our rep is stumped, too.

--
As long as you keep it brief, you may           Just remember, it will be on
"personalize" your signature file. A short    EVERYTHING you send so keep it

2. Is anyone else able to compile mod_ssl and mod_perl?

3. Xa.o library? (GCC installation) Oh, please, help!

4. net install ?

5. WP demo says /dev/XON doesn't exist

6. Checking to see if a program is running

7. Where is /usr/ccs/lib/values-Xa.o and others in Solaris 2.1 ?

9. xon multiple windows

10. values-Xa.o not exist in solaris2.6 ?

11. Digi Board problems with Xon Xoff

12. Serial Port XON/XOFF problems

13. xon xoff protocol for serial devices