X on EIZO TIGA MD-B12 video card?

Post by Jeremy Chatfiel » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> I have access to a PC equipped with a 1280x1024 resolution TIGA board
> which would be ideal for use with Linux. But I haven't found any
> information on whether XFree86 or one of the commercial vendors support
> TIGA in their X servers.

> Any hope?

We definitely do not support the TIGA chipset.  It's pretty old, was
fast in its' day, but to get the best performance back then, you needed
a $70k programming toolkit for it, and then to spend about 6 months
rewriting the microcode... If you used the existing controller code for
an accelerated Server, then you'd get, if I remember the estimate from
four or five years ago, 50,000 xStone.  With the rewrite, I think the
estimate roughly tripled.  This is on a par with the Cirrus 5434 these
days.

folk are familiar with these sorts of question, usually.

Cheers, JeremyC.
--

X Inside Inc, 1801 Broadway, 17th Floor, Denver, CO 80202
Commercial X Server - for more information please try these services

Post by Kenneth Osterbe » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have access to a PC equipped with a 1280x1024 resolution TIGA board
which would be ideal for use with Linux. But I haven't found any
information on whether XFree86 or one of the commercial vendors support
TIGA in their X servers.

Any hope?

--
"I'm one of those luddites who use the WWW for finding and sharing
information, as opposed to [using it as] a badly animated television

1. Appian Tecnology Inc. TIGA Video Card

I have to configure an old video card. It's an Appian Tecnology
TIGA Video Card with RGB output.
Does anyone ever heard of it? Do you know how to configure it to run X?
I have an ( also old ) RGB 19" monitor that I can't just throw away. Now
I'm working with a 17" in 640x480 but it's not the same!
Thanks for your help.

--
ROOM Developement Team
Lazzarino Oscar, Lerda Flavio, Servetti Antonio

homepage: http://pcpro.polito.it/~room

2. linux server with HP-UX client problem

3. EIZO HA41 video card

4. Help with CL GD542x

5. Eizo Flexscan6500, MD-B09 with Linux?

6. Finding the CD drive

7. Can X run on TIGA video workstation??

8. How to download from a newsgroup to a MAC IIsi..

9. Can X run on TIGA video workkstation??

10. TIGA cards, Xfree and X11

11. X-server for TIGA card?

12. Troubles with my TIGA-CARD !!

13. X and TIGA-card