Matrox Mystic and Hires Textmodes

Post by Gert Wolln » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

I am running a RedHat 4.0  and worked under e 132x60 terminal.
When I start X then I can not switch back to a text console since the
timings are not properly reset, so I see the texts twice -  till tme
monitor blanks the screen since he dont know the timings.
I've set up my own timings for a 1152x864 Mode and run X with
resolutions from 640x480 to 1280x1024.
But this sould not be the problem, shouldnt it?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Gert.

Post by Andrew For » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> I am running a RedHat 4.0  and worked under e 132x60 terminal.
> When I start X then I can not switch back to a text console since the
> timings are not properly reset, so I see the texts twice -  till tme
> monitor blanks the screen since he dont know the timings.
> I've set up my own timings for a 1152x864 Mode and run X with
> resolutions from 640x480 to 1280x1024.
> But this sould not be the problem, shouldnt it?

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks in advance.

> Gert.

   I don't know what a 132x60 is so this might be irrelevant...but my
first thought is
to get XFree86 version 3.3 and configure with the textbased setup
program, xf86config or something, NOT the GUI setup program, which is
named something like XF86config.
yours,
andy

1. Matrox Mystic X and Hires Textconsoles (second try)

Hi all,

Sorry, first time the question was not asked in the right way.
To be more specific:

I'm  using a RedHat 4.0.

I run the X server with the 3.3 version and it works fine.
On the textconsoles (beside X) i want to use a terminal with the
resolution with 132 columns.
I can select this afer booting linux and it works fine.

Now the problem:
When running X and switching to a text console with say "CTRL-ALT-1"
the timings of the textmode with 132 columns are not  restored
proppertly, and I see rubbish, till the Monitor blanks out. I can only
swith back to X. (This again works fine).
The same results I get, when leaving X via EXIT fvwm.

All Textconsoles with 80 columns work fine.

I like those textmodes with 132 columns very much and on my old
WD9031blabla Chipset all was fine.

Thanks for your help

Gert.

2. /dev/nst0 and tar

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Huge -narnia FBI

5. tv out in linux w/matrox mystic card??

6. SMP Problems

7. Matrox Mystic and X server

8. Help: multi-volume ufsdump

9. X-window and Matrox Mystic