backspace mapping in kvt...

Post by Matthew Whitwor » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I just re-installed KDE Beta 3 (libc6) on my RedHat 5.0 system only to
discover that my backspace key seems to be mapped incorrectly, but only
when I run kvt.

I've twiddled with the Options->Terminal dialog and neither '^?' or '^H'
works.  No matter what I do, hitting backspace (or the delete key for that
matter) writes a tilde ('~') to the terminal.  This is slowly driving me
mad.

rxvt and xterm both work perfectly and I haven't noticed this problem in
any other K apps.

If anyone has any idea what's going on here I'd really appreciate the
help.  Thanks.

--
Matthew Whitworth
PCNS 313.763.6408

1. KDE: kvt + zsh -- problem with BACKSPACE

When I invoke zsh from within kvt and try using BACKSPACE key,
it does something odd -- it moves cursor to the right instead of
left. Funny thing is: it *does* erase characters to the *left* of its
original position, you just can't tell it does that by looking at
your kvt window. Zsh under xterm as well as bash under kvt work
properly. Playing with different setting in "Terminal" option of
kvt yielded no results. Linux version is Slackware 3.4, KDE is Beta 4.

-mk

2. NAT with two private networks

3. Linux keyboard mapping for backspace key and shift-tab

4. .htaccess

5. Backspace Key Mappings

6. Serial ports - Multiple high speed

7. HELP: backspace & del not mapped correctly under X

8. boot disk and lilo questions

9. Mapping the backspace key

10. Mapping of backspace and delete in XFree86

11. Backspace and Delete key mappings

12. how can i map my <backspace> key to be <delete>?

13. Backspace mapping question.