ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV & 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV

ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV & 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV

Post by Haakon Rydlan » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi.

I'd like to hear of what kind of expieriences people have had with
these cards using XF86 or other X servers.

I'm planning to run RH Linux 4.0, and I'd like to run truecolor or
hicolor at 1280x1024. Does anyone have any comment on screen refresh
rates? Anything less than 76Hz is unusable IMO. According to ATI, the
3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV can do 90Hz, and I assume the PRO TURBO card can
do the same.

The questions are:

1) Can XF86 (or others) do 76Hz or better in 1280x1024 true/hicolor?
2) Can XF86 (or others) take advantage of 4/8MB of ram for larger
   virtual desktops, pixmap/font buffers, or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

        Haakon Rydland

1. XF86Setup (3.2A) & ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV 8MB ?

Hello!

I recently bought the ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV 8MB,
and I'm using XFree86 3.2A since it has support for
the 3D Rage II chip.

But why doesn't the ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV show up
when you choose a display adapter from the menu?

I could only find 3D Xpression...?  This works,
but I want a optimized version for the 3D Pro Turbo
PC2TV!

As you probably know, the 3D Xpression is a much slower
board..  The 3D Pro Turbo uses SGRAM (upto 8MB) and the
3D Xpression uses EDO RAM (upto 4MB) etc..

I hope the XFree86 guys will support the 3D Pro Turbo
boards in the future as good as they did the Graphics
Pro Turbo boards in the past.

What is the currently best settings for the
ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV 8MB in XFree86 3.2A ?

Thank you for any help! :-)

--

2. Name Server Setup

3. XF86Setup 3.2A & ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV 8MB

4. Proxy vs NAT

5. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV & Linux

6. core from rpc.ttdbserver

7. XF86Setup 3.2A & ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV 8MB

8. QVision and X?

9. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV - Please Help

10. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV / X problems

11. ATI 3D pro turbo PC2TV

12. Help - Susex Server for ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV

13. ATI 3D Turbo Pro PC2TV and XFree86