animated icons

Post by Jim Bianc » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

        I note in one of the Slackware icon dirs, there is an icon of an
eyeball with feet. I *think* there are ten of these 'eye' icons, each is
slightly different -- taken as a group, it is obvious they are intended to
be shown in succession giving the impression the eyeball is turning.

        1) How does one animate such an icon series? 2) How does one link
the animation to an ongoing event such that when that event is no longer
happening, the icon stops?

        Netscape does this with the large "N" icon in the corner that shows
'meteor showers' while Netscape is actually dloading, so it CAN be done.

        I use fvwm and Metro-X v4.1 with kernel 2.0.30 (Slackware.)

--

Eclectic Garbanzo BBS, (707) 539-1279

1. Irritating animated icons in Konqueror

Hi,

Running Konqueror 2.2.2 (KDE 2.2.2-2) on a RH 7.2 (+ latest updates)
system. If I expand any directory in the sidebar I get the yellow
animated KDE icon superimposed on the folder icon... which then refuses
to go away. The entire sidebar graphic flickers (and many CPU cycles are
chewed) - it appears as if Konqueror is repeatedly trying (and failing)
to open something.

This never happened in 2.2.1. Any ideas?

Regards,

--
Lionel B

2. Help for HP694C

3. Animated icons

4. dynamic ip address assignment

5. Animated icons, How?

6. Problem with ghostscript and Canon LBP-4.

7. animating xpm icons

8. Suggestion on a secure intranet...

9. KDE Animated folder icon question

10. Animated and color icons ?

11. What prg animates the icons on an X desktop?

12. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

13. IE5 "favourites" icons when bookmarking, was Re: Explorer 5 icon