Installed WordPerfect on RedHat Linux won't run

Installed WordPerfect on RedHat Linux won't run

Post by <amont.. » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I recently installed Wordperfect 8 on RedHat Linx 6.2 running xwindows.
The installation process worked fine; it created the necessary folders,
installed the necessary files, made them executables, etc. However, when I
click on any of the executables in the *bin directory where I installed
WordPerfect 8, nothing happens. I wait for a couple of minutes and still
nothing happens.

Please help. I'm a newbie in this stuff.

Post by P.T.Gowadi » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I recently installed Wordperfect 8 on RedHat Linx 6.2 running xwindows.
> The installation process worked fine; it created the necessary folders,
> installed the necessary files, made them executables, etc. However, when
> click on any of the executables in the *bin directory where I installed
> WordPerfect 8, nothing happens. I wait for a couple of minutes and still
> nothing happens.
> Please help. I'm a newbie in this stuff.

> --

Go to a terminal emulation window and cd to the directory where you have
installed WordPerfect.Run './wpbin/xwp'.That is the command starting
WordPerfect .To make things easier next time,creat an icon in either GNOME
or Kde(whichever you use)and give the correct path to the file.
Best of luck and have a nice day.

1. Installed WordPerfect on RedHat Linux won't run

I recently installed Wordperfect 8 on RedHat Linx 6.2 running xwindows.
The installation process worked fine; it created the necessary folders,
installed the necessary files, made them executables, etc. However, when I
click on any of the executables in the *bin directory where I installed
WordPerfect 8, nothing happens. I wait for a couple of minutes and still
nothing happens.

Please help. I'm a newbie in this stuff.

2. mmap and panic

3. WordPerfect 8 for Linux won't install under SuSE 6.4

4. Plz HELP another frustrated intellimouse soul

5. Why won't RedHat 7.0 run a binary which worked in RedHat 6.x?

6. DESPARATELY NEED HELP

7. Setting NumLock

8. Wordperfect 8 won't install

9. KDE won't run on RedHat Linux 5.1.1

10. WordPerfect install on Corel Linux, 'cant find libXt.so.6'!

11. Help -- install OK, linux won't run

12. Linux won't install/run