PROBLEM: using xhost

Post by Adam Newm » Sat, 11 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I can't seem to remome items from the access control list
using xhost.  Xhost reports that the item is being removed,
but it re-appears at the top of the list:

linuser13:/home> xhost
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
INET:localhost
INET:linuser13.li.net
LOCAL:

linuser13:/home> xhost -LOCAL:
non-network local connections being removed from access control list
linuser13:/home> xhost
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
LOCAL:
INET:localhost
INET:linuser13.li.net

Why does this happen?

Also, why do these 3 items appear on my access control list?  Is there a
file that specifies these defaults?

Thanks in advance, any advice much needed.

PROBLEM: using xhost

Post by Robert Ha » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: I can't seem to remome items from the access control list
: using xhost.  Xhost reports that the item is being removed,
: but it re-appears at the top of the list:

: linuser13:/home> xhost
: access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
: INET:localhost
: INET:linuser13.li.net
: LOCAL:

: linuser13:/home> xhost -LOCAL:
: non-network local connections being removed from access control list
: linuser13:/home> xhost
: access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
: LOCAL:
: INET:localhost
: INET:linuser13.li.net

: Why does this happen?

: Also, why do these 3 items appear on my access control list?  Is there a
: file that specifies these defaults?

I suggest you read the man page for xhost. This is explained in there.
As I understand it, the LOCAL and INET:localhost entries are always
there and cannot be removed. I presume that inuser13.li.net is your
local host - and that can't be removed either!

--
---

Voice: +61 (0)91 72 0429                     Fax:   +61 (0)91 72 3560
Hedland College, PMB 1, South Hedland WA 6722 Australia

1. using xterm, xhost

Hello!

Where can I find documentation that explains how to set up and use
xterm?  So far, I've only read about this here, so I've never used or
seen it used before.
The ideal situation would be to have control of the remote Solaris
machine through my local W2K machine (Somewhat like terminal services?)

I've searched for man pages etc, no luck.
Thanks,
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Logging Host

3. Using xhost twice.

4. Menuing S/W Recommendations?

5. Problems with "xhost +"

6. re-linking kernel - compile errors

7. Problems with xhost

8. Linear Memory Problems =(

9. IRIX xhost problem

10. xhost problem - local machine not included???

11. Weird problems with xhost

12. XHosting and Network Problems

13. xhosts setup problem