X on a TI Extensa 570CDT

Post by Steven Karataglidi » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have Linux (RedHat 3.03) running on my Texas Instruments 570CDT
notebook but have not been able to get X running. I've installed XFree86
3.1.2E, which has the appropriate driver for the Cirrus Logic 7543 chip,
but do not have any monitor specs. If anyone has X up and running on
such a system, or something very similar, could they send me the
XF86Config file, please? Or let me know how to configure the monitor for
the notebook? Thanks in advance.

Steven Karataglidis.

1. XFree86 3.1.2E on a TI Extensa 570CDT

I've recently bought a Texas Instruments Extensa 570CDT notebook with
the intention of running Linux and X. Linux (RedHat 3.03) is running
with no problems, but I can't bring up X (running XFree86 3.1.2E,
containing the correct video driver for the laptop - Cirrus Logic
GD-7543). The problem probably lies in that I don't know the laptop
monitor specs and this causes no end of problems when I try to startx.
If anyone has been able to successfully run X on this or a similar
machine, please let me know. I'd appreciate the help!

Steven Karataglidis.

2. mibiisa -- S76snmpdx

3. Notebook X11 setup (TI Extensa 570CDT)

4. How to enable the telnet , FTP and CDE environment

5. XFree86 on TI Extensa

6. Faking idle time in X

7. Linux on TI Extensa 510

8. Printing troubles on RH Alpha

9. XF86 on TI Extensa 460 with Cirrus Logic CL-GD624X

10. XFree86 on TI Extensa 510?

11. keycap for Laptop ((Acer|TI) Extensa 355)

12. Help with TI Extensa 570 Laptop & Linux

13. TI Extensa 900: Unknown interrupt..