need XF86Config for ATI Gr.ProTurbo (mach 64, VESA) and NEC 4FGe

need XF86Config for ATI Gr.ProTurbo (mach 64, VESA) and NEC 4FGe

Post by Katrina Simpso » Sun, 25 Jun 1995 04:00:00

In desparate need of assistance...
I have a problem with the Mach 64 X server locking up on me when I startx
I can't cat the error output to a log file because I have to cold reboot.
I have: AMD 486 DX4 100Mhz Green PC Vesa motherboard
        NEC 4FGe monitor
        ATI Graphics Pro Turbo Mach 64 VESA, 2MB VRAM

I have got the latest Mach 64 server from sunsite: x311u1...
I have included the option no_block_write that people have been posting about.
X -probeonly seems to get the clock settings just fine.

If anyone who has got the Mach 64 server running without locking up with this
video card, please e-mail me your XF86Config file with the server options and
device options.

TIA

Post by Rob Har » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: In desparate need of assistance...
: I have a problem with the Mach 64 X server locking up on me when I startx
: I can't cat the error output to a log file because I have to cold reboot.

I just started having this problem. I RMAed two different cards because
they didn't like my monitor/motherboard but the one that finally worked
in my motherboard locksup in X now much as you describe. The version that
locks is the non OEM version the one which has 1M unsocketed and room for
1 more M. But mine is the DRAM version!

Robert Hardy            Home:(613)226-2326          Computer Consultant