Where's the screensaver settings in WindowMaker?

Where's the screensaver settings in WindowMaker?

Post by mhem.. » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Am I blind or what?

I find no mention of screensavers in any smidgen of Windowmaker docs.

Jack

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Where's the screensaver settings in WindowMaker?

Post by Hal Burgi » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Am I blind or what?

>I find no mention of screensavers in any smidgen of Windowmaker docs.

What screensaver settings? There aren't any. Windowmaker is just a
windowmanager. Any screensaver used with windowmaker would have to be a
separate program altogether -- like xscreensaver. Maybe Gnome has
something like this, but that is because it is a Desktop Environment,
and not a windowmanager. Maybe there is a dockapp somewhere that will do
this, dunno.

 http://windowmaker.mezaway.org/dockapps/
 http://www.bensinclair.com/dockapp/

--
Hal B

--
            Linux helps those who help themselves

Post by Stephen Chadfiel » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Am I blind or what?

> I find no mention of screensavers in any smidgen of Windowmaker docs.

Why would you? Windowmaker is a window manager. If you want a fancy
screensaver to run automatically look at the documentation for
xscreensaver.

--
Stephen Chadfield
Senior Autographics Engineer