Troubles with ' libXaw3d ', can't load libXaw.so.6 ERROR - Please help!

Troubles with ' libXaw3d ', can't load libXaw.so.6 ERROR - Please help!

Post by Joel Wijngaar » Mon, 13 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I've got some troubles with installing LibXaw3d correctly. The
first time i started X windows after i installed this package all
worked correctly. But after a cold boot the system complains whenever
i want to start "xedit", "emacs","xclock" etc...

I receive the following message:        can't load "LibXaw.so.6"
I really tried everything to solve this problem but it just won't
work. When i start a shell window i see the nice 3d scrolbar (so the
libs kinda work) But xedit won't work. And i have seen it working the
first time!!!

I'm using Slackware 3.0, and i'm fairly new to Linux so EVERYTHING
could be the problem...

Thank you for your help

Post by Anttinen Roo » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

> Hi, I've got some troubles with installing LibXaw3d correctly. The
> first time i started X windows after i installed this package all
> worked correctly. But after a cold boot the system complains whenever
> i want to start "xedit", "emacs","xclock" etc...
> I receive the following message:        can't load "LibXaw.so.6"
> I really tried everything to solve this problem but it just won't
> work. When i start a shell window i see the nice 3d scrolbar (so the
> libs kinda work) But xedit won't work. And i have seen it working the
> first time!!!

I had just the same problem...

Quote:> I'm using Slackware 3.0, and i'm fairly new to Linux so EVERYTHING
> could be the problem...

Yes, with Slack 3.0 (with 2.1 there wasn't such a problem)
What I did to solve the problem was to grab sources for non-working programs
from ftp.x.org and recompiled with Xaw3d (almost all programs in standard
contrib directory). All compiled smoothly without complains and are now
linked to Xaw3d instead of standard Xaw.

> Thank you for your help

      p u h : 9 0   8 1 2   7 5 6 7  /  9 4 9   4 4 5   5 6 5
      a t k i . h e l b p . f i : 8 0 8 0 / ~ a n t t i n e r
Helsinki Business Polytechnic - Institute of information technology

1. Troubles with ' libXaw3d ', can't load libXaw.so.6 ERROR - Please help!

Hi, I've got some troubles with installing LibXaw3d correctly. The
first time i started X windows after i installed this package all
worked correctly. But after a cold boot the system complains whenever
i want to start "xedit", "emacs","xclock" etc...

I receive the following message:        can't load "LibXaw.so.6"
I really tried everything to solve this problem but it just won't
work. When i start a shell window i see the nice 3d scrolbar (so the
libs kinda work) But xedit won't work. And i have seen it working the
first time!!!

I'm using Slackware 3.0, and i'm fairly new to Linux so EVERYTHING
could be the problem...

Thank you for your help

2. rlogin wrapper? is it possible?

3. Error-> xterm: can't load library '//libXaw.so.3'

4. Still getting some NFS htree strangeness

5. 'can't load libXaw.so.6'

6. suspicious line in access log

7. XF86Setup: Can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

8. Setting up a Dot Matrix

9. can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

10. SOLVED: Re: XF86Setup: Can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

11. Problem: "can't find library 'libXaw.so.6' ..

12. where is 'libXaw.so.6'? - help

13. can't find library 'libXaw.so.6