xscreensaver not running as root

Post by John » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am using RH 6.0. I read the man page for xscreensaver and it said that if
xauth was running that there might be that problem for root. (BTW, it does
work for anyone else.) The workaround in the man file was to add xhost
+local-host just before starting xscreensaver in Xsetup. I have looked at
all of the files in the /usr/lib/X11/xdm directory, and cannot find where X
is loading the xscreensaver. So, problem #1 is where is it getting loaded?
(I know is it since I get an .xsession-errors that states it tried to load
but connection was refused.) Problem #2 might be related to #1. I cannot
seem to find the screensaver setting in Anotherlevel. Does it exist?

John

1. xscreensaver not running as root

I am using RH 6.0. I read the man page for xscreensaver and it said that if
xauth was running that there might be that problem for root. (BTW, it does
work for anyone else.) The workaround in the man file was to add xhost
+local-host just before starting xscreensaver in Xsetup. I have looked at
all of the files in the /usr/lib/X11/xdm directory, and cannot find where X
is loading the xscreensaver. So, problem #1 is where is it getting loaded?
(I know is it since I get an .xsession-errors that states it tried to load
but connection was refused.) Problem #2 might be related to #1. I cannot
seem to find the screensaver setting in Anotherlevel. Does it exist?

John

2. Calling RPCs on Win NT from Linux http server

3. can't run xscreensaver as root

4. Amiga, QNX, Linux and Revolution

5. Is it a policy that Xscreensaver can't be run under root

6. Anyone using x8514 and xdm?

7. xscreensaver and root account

8. Netware NFS/NFS gateway and Solaris 2.4

9. Xscreensaver as root

10. How to make xscreensaver automatically run in gnome?

11. running xscreensaver when noone is logged on

12. XLib wont let me run xscreensaver (?)

13. xscreensaver is running randomly?