Getting Glide working under X for UT

Post by George Houpi » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:49:26

Help,

I installed the game using the installer and the game CD.
I am trying to get UT v4.36  to work with my Voodoo4500 card.
I have configured the kernel properly as far as I can tell.
My XF86Config seems to work ok.

Here is part of the XF86Config file:
Section "Module"

# This loads the DBE extension module.

    Load        "dbe"   # Double buffer extension

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
# initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
    SubSection  "extmod"
      #Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA
extension
    EndSubSection

# This loads the Type1 and FreeType font modules
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"

# This loads the GLX module
    Load       "glx"

EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Voodoo4"
    Driver      "tdfx"
    #VideoRam    32768
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

This is the driver section of the UnrealTournament.ini section.
[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=UTMenu.UTConsole
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
DefaultGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
DefaultServerGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
ViewportManager=SDLDrv.SDLClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas

This is what happens when I run ut:

Unreal engine initialized
Bound to SDLDrv.so
Joystick [0] : Unknown Joystick
SDLClient initialized.
Bound to Render.so
Lighting subsystem initialized
Rendering initialized
LoadMap: Entry
Bound to Fire.so
Case-insensitive search: Botpack -> ..\System\BotPack.u
Bound to IpDrv.so
Game class is 'UTIntro'
Level is Level Entry.MyLevel
Bringing Level Entry.MyLevel up for play (0)...
InitGame:
Base Mutator is Entry.Mutator0
Browse:
CityIntro.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello

LoadMap:
CityIntro.unr?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello

Case-insensitive search: genfluid -> ..\Textures\GenFluid.utx
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
-0.0ms Unloading: Package Render
Garbage: objects: 16419->16416; refs: 224671
Game class is 'UTIntro'
Level is Level CityIntro.MyLevel
Bringing Level CityIntro.MyLevel up for play (0)...
InitGame:
?Name=Player?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=255?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello

Base Mutator is CityIntro.Mutator1
Initialized moving brush tracker for Level CityIntro.MyLevel
Created and initialized a new SDL viewport.
Bound to UWeb.so
Team 255
Login: Player
Case-insensitive search: SoldierSkins -> ..\Textures\Soldierskins.utx
Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 CityIntro.TMale0
Input system initialized for SDLViewport0
Opening SDL viewport.
Failed to load 'GlideDrv': Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
Failed to load 'Class GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice': Can't find file for
package 'GlideDrv'
Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.
Exiting.
Name subsystem shut down
Allocation checking disabled
Segmentation fault

I installed package:

Glide_V5-3.10-2.i386.rpm

and have the following libraries in /usr/lib:
/usr/lib/libglide3.so    /usr/lib/libglide3.so.3.10
/usr/lib/libglide3x.so
/usr/lib/libglide3.so.3  /usr/lib/libglide3x.a
/usr/lib/libglide3x.so.3

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Getting Glide working under X for UT

Post by ad.. » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 05:10:38

George,

        You need to use the OpenGL renderer for UT to work with the V4500.
The V4500 and V5500 don't support Glide apps under X at the moment.

Adam

Quote:> Help,
> [...]
> Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 CityIntro.TMale0
> Input system initialized for SDLViewport0
> Opening SDL viewport.
> Failed to load 'GlideDrv': Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
> Failed to load 'Class GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice': Can't find file for
> package 'GlideDrv'
> Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
> Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv'
> Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
> Aborting.
> Exiting.
> Name subsystem shut down
> Allocation checking disabled
> Segmentation fault
> I installed package:
> Glide_V5-3.10-2.i386.rpm
> and have the following libraries in /usr/lib:
> /usr/lib/libglide3.so    /usr/lib/libglide3.so.3.10
> /usr/lib/libglide3x.so
> /usr/lib/libglide3.so.3  /usr/lib/libglide3x.a

1. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

hello,

    I try to make a fonction to convert a local time in UT time. i try to
use
     mktime + gmtime + timezone + daylight.... but the result is not OK.
    Please help me....
    The problem is the same when i try to convert a UT time in Local
Time....

    my imput date format is : 'YYYYMMDDHHMMSS'.

    I'am a beginner on Unix (and in english).....

    Does anyone know about a function or an example (in C) .

    Thanks for any help.

2. How to convince LinuxPPC that EDP is not the local time?

3. 3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

4. Processing multiline records

5. ERROR: I still cannot get Glide to work.

6. DLink DFE-538TX Ethernet card supported by FreeBSD?

7. getting lilo to work with copy of working install on other partition

8. SET's editor

9. problem getting OSS compatability to work with ALSA: aplay works; /dev/dsp gives noise.

10. Is anybody working on getting Lombard USB working?

11. wait_event_interruptible_timeout (1/3)

12. Soliciting DIP chat program for UT Austin

13. UT Tourney install