Enlighten me

Post by Jamie J Robert » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hey all,
I have got rh6.1 running x (using gnome) and i want to use the newest
release of enlightenment(16).  when i tried to update rpm it gave me a
failed dependencies error.  its telling me that i need imlib 1.9.8.  ok,
that is fine, so i download the imlib 1.9.8 rpm as well as the
imlib_develop 1.9.8 rpm and so forth.  when i try to upgrade to imlib
1.9.8, i get an error that i need imlib 1.9.7.  the problem is, i have
1.9.7, all of its components, and it works fine.  why is the update to
1.9.8 not recognizing my 1.9.7?

thanks in advace,
jamie

Enlighten me

Post by R. Sean Fulto » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

try:

rpm -Uvh --nodeps imlib-1.9.8xxxxx.rpm

> Hey all,
> I have got rh6.1 running x (using gnome) and i want to use the newest
> release of enlightenment(16).  when i tried to update rpm it gave me a
> failed dependencies error.  its telling me that i need imlib 1.9.8.  ok,
> that is fine, so i download the imlib 1.9.8 rpm as well as the
> imlib_develop 1.9.8 rpm and so forth.  when i try to upgrade to imlib
> 1.9.8, i get an error that i need imlib 1.9.7.  the problem is, i have
> 1.9.7, all of its components, and it works fine.  why is the update to
> 1.9.8 not recognizing my 1.9.7?

> thanks in advace,
> jamie

1. questions for an enlightened person

I have a machine running freeBSD 2.2.5 and it has 2 IP addresses, and 2
domains, let say machine1.ml.org and machine2.ml.org Now i have it setup so

rc.conf file is machine1.ml.org, and i have both the IP addresses running
the own inetd
any thanx would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

2. XFree86 3.3.6 / 4.0.3 and S3Savage4 mode setting problem

3. question for enlightened person

4. What modem is supported in Linux and Win95 ?

5. Mandrake News [most enlightening]

6. How to switch setup from fixed IP to receive dynamic IP from DHCP server (and vice versa)?

7. Hope to be Enlightened !

8. Compiling Tape Drive....HELP!!!

9. problem emails - I would like enlightening

10. Hope to be enlightened !

11. Please Enlighten ME!

12. enlighten me please

13. enlighten me about ipfw