WD 9710 chip

Post by christopher chambe » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi! I'm trying to get linux to run on my p133. I have a

'Paradise PCI videocard' and the manuals tell me that my chip is a WD9710.
This is also what it tells me when I boot up the machine. I can find no
reference to this chip anywhere in the xfree86 'supported' list, or indeed any
reference to it anywhere. Also, all the other WD chips seem to be in this
whole other format, mostly starting 90C---. Do YOU have any idea why mine
does not? Can you assist me in my endeavor? Thanks!
--
_____

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not terrified,
screaming, like his passengers.

1. X with WD 9710 Video Chip Set - No Go?`

Hi,
        I have a Paradise Pipeline 64 Video Card.  It says it has a WD 9710
Video Accelerator Chip.  I have not seen this on any X FAQs or
documentation and I was wondering if I was completely out of luck.  I
would appreciate anyone's insight into this.

Thank you much,

Will Hansmann

2. opinion, observation and a dumb question

3. Paradise Pipeline WD-9710 video card support?

4. Annoying problems with less-1.77 and gnu-grep-2.0

5. WD 9710 Video Card driver

6. BBS in Germany (is Linux, for Linux)

7. Does WD 9710 (Paradise Pipeline 64) work OK with X ?

8. mapping buffers from kernel to user space

9. X on a Paradise Pipeline 64 WD 9710

10. Storagetek 9710 or 9730

11. Some probs with standard WD/paradise chips

12. Clock setting for WD chips

13. video chip WD 24A (Winbook XP) supported?