Q: Net transfer speedup

Post by Iond Research Sr » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi guys,
I've got some troubles with my net.

I've to send some data (images) from one X server (SCO) to another one
(Linux) but this comes to be too slow for my needs.

I've heard of a net data packet compressor which works fine and speed
this up.

Does it really exist? Or is there any other way to speed such a transfer
up??

Thanks a lot

Lucio

Q: Net transfer speedup

Post by Conrad Sabati » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi guys,
>I've got some troubles with my net.

>I've to send some data (images) from one X server (SCO) to another one
>(Linux) but this comes to be too slow for my needs.

>I've heard of a net data packet compressor which works fine and speed
>this up.

>Does it really exist? Or is there any other way to speed such a transfer
>up??

>Thanks a lot

>Lucio

Look for dxpc, the Dynamic X Protocol Compressor.  It won't perform
miracles over a slow link, but it does help.
--
"I...I wish I could swim
 Like the dolphins

Q: Net transfer speedup

Post by Mike O'Conno » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

:>Hi guys,
:>I've got some troubles with my net.
:>
:
:Look for dxpc, the Dynamic X Protocol Compressor.  It won't perform
:miracles over a slow link, but it does help.

Doing X via ssh is another alternative.

--

 InterNIC WHOIS: MJO | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-848-4481