FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

Post by Carlos Amay » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Where and how can I get and install several fonts for Xfree86 ???

I've always wondered that... I think that the lack of fonts is what
makes a greate system like X/Linux look not as nice as some other
graphical environments...

thanks

FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

Post by Eric Pott » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Carlos Amaya enlightened this group thus:

Quote:> Where and how can I get and install several fonts for Xfree86 ???

> I've always wondered that... I think that the lack of fonts is what
> makes a greate system like X/Linux look not as nice as some other
> graphical environments...

> thanks

You can get one of the true type font servers and use your windows fonts.  Look
for a program called xfstt on freshmeat.net
--

 *^  / \  \   |  \
 / \/   \  \__|   \

1. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

Hi all,

I have Solaris 2.5.1 installed on a Sparc 20 and and running CDE. I am
rather disappointed with the fonts that are installed. Is there a way
to make more fonts available to the system?

Also, where can I get aforementioned "more fonts"?

TIA.

--
Divya Sundaram --------------------------------------CONDITUR IN PETRA
".. More is demanded to produce one wise man today than seven formerly,

2. shell font

3. keyboard/console fonts vs. X-fonts

4. Generic tape read util for batch programs

5. I need a box-drawing font (or a font editor)

6. ftp setup error

7. Font Problem: could not open default font 'fixed'

8. Top 5 Reasons to Attend USENIX '08

9. Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo

10. Terminal fonts are all the same new font

11. Fonts server, bad font, why?

12. Screen Font == Printer Font?

13. URGENT : XFree Crashs after importing MSWindows Fonts : UNIX:-1 font